It's Monday, y'all, and motivation is at an all time low. I wasn't even motivated to post today, so I feel. The struggle is very real...
Whether you've got a full week of tests and papers or just a full schedule, I've gathered up my favorite ways to get motivated and stay motivated during a busy week!
1. Start with coffee. This is a no-brainer, but coffee is a game changer. Fact: I am 100% more productive with a latte in hand.
2. Open up your planner and make a to-do list. Every morning, I write down all the things that need to accomplish either in my planner or on a post-it. It's so simple, but helps so much! I try to prioritize as well, keeping the most important things at the top and then working my way down. Whatever doesn't get done, I mark in my planner and start on it the following day.
3. Get rest. Sleep is HUGE when it comes to staying motivated! During my senior year of college, I would run on about 4 or 5 hours of sleep, and it really affected my productivity during the day. Pulling all nighters to study for that test aren't worth it, so try to break it up into chunks and get plenty of sleep the night before.
4. Take breaks. I know it seems like a good idea to write an entire paper in one sitting (been there, done that), but after a few hours, get up and stretch! Go for a walk, grab (more) coffee, and just get out for an hour or so. It always helps me to refocus and take a breather when I hit a block.
5. Make time for the fun stuff! I always feel refreshed after I do something I enjoy, whether that's painting or grabbing dinner with a friend. Balance is key. Don't overload yourself with hours of studying in the library. There will always be papers and deadlines, so don't forget to #treatyoself every once in a while!